The profile of a stalkerRelationship to victim: Sometimes they are prior intimate partners, but more often the stalker desires a relationship with an acquaintance.
Obsessed: They constantly think about or fantasize about the victim. The fantasies can be love oriented or angry and vengeful.
Rejected: Many stalkers have a history of failed relationhsips or have trouble communicating with others.
Intelligent: Most stalkers are intelligent and they carefully plan their stalking behavior. Most just lack social skills.
Motivated: Stalkers can be motivated by thinking that their victim is the only one they can ever love or they want revenge against someone who hurt them.
Common Stalker Characteristics
- Obsessive and compulsive
- Falls instantly in love
- Socially awkward or uncomfortable
- Needs to be in control
- Depends on others for sense of self
- Unable to cope with rejection
- Sense of entitlement (you owe me!)
- Unable to take NO for an answer
- Does not take responsibility for own feelings or actions.