twitter

Thursday 20 September 2012

Another friday cat blog

Last week I saw Mr. Longhaired Cat tagging along behind one of his humans and the two dogs that were being walked. It is not the first time that I have seen him tagging along. It reminds me of a story I read about a woman who went for a walk with her dogs. I don't remember exactly but I think there were four dogs on leashes and three cats decided to follow along. Numerous people came up to the woman to tell her that all of her dogs needed to be on a leash. They could not believe their eyes that they were actually seeing cats. I guess the same thing happened with the long snake that I wrote about last week. It stretch over part of a lawn, the right hand drain, a two car driveway, the left hand drain and a piece of the lawn on the other side. I assumed that a shallow earthquake had opened a crack in the ground that stretched across that whole distance. It was only when my siblings called out "snake" that I saw it for what it was. I stepped over it a third time to get into the house but my siblings may have detoured around it. I used my brain more effectively with Mr. Longhaired Cat. He used to hide all over the yard early in the morning and spring out when I took the upstairs cat out for his pre-dawn walk. One early morning I saw an object behind the garbage cans. It was too dark to see it properly so I worked it out mentally- not a pile of leaves, not a paint can, it is three-dimensional. As soon as I thought "three-dimensional" I thought "it's the cat". I stamped my feet and Mr. Longhaired Cat leapt out into the lighted lane where I could see him. He never pulled that trick again.