twitter

Tuesday 2 October 2012

JSTOR has more herbal papers?

I was too tired on Saturday to do some easy maths on my Stats midterm and I did not save the answers and try again on Sunday because I was supposed to be submitting a 75% already-written paper. Because I had used a lot of the text of the paper in my failed crowdfunding I turned to JSTOR to find some new papers to add. Instead of the 5 or 5 papers I expected I saved 80 before I stopped and turned to Project Muse. JSTOR did not appreciate my fast downloading and I had to open a third browser to get access to the JSTOR agreement box. Because I downloaded so many papers I flaked out on fixing my paper in a last minute frenzy on Sunday. I'm not sure if I am forgetting things but I don't remember having access to so many papers on herbal medicine in the past. In fact I wrote a library fellowship grant that I've been sending out asking for access to other libraries with primary documents. Yet again something went wrong this year, and a grant that would have been difficult to get is now impossible barring a forgiving grant committee.