Gender contributions to income inequality
- Determine the contribution of gender to wage inequality from the Shapley approach.
- Decompose inequality by considering gender as an income source.
- Measure gender inequality in the light of all the wage distribution.
- A decomposition applicable regardless of the index used to measure inequality.
This note suggests a new way of determining the contribution of gender to wage inequality as part of the framework based on the Shapley approach. The proposed methodology is illustrated using French data over the period 1970–2003.
- Shapley value;
- Inequality decomposition;
Copyright © 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.