A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.
Oncotarget. 2016 Nov 18. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.13450. [Epub ahead of print]
Dietary grape seed proanthocyanidins (GSPs) improve weaned intestinal microbiota and mucosal barrier using a piglet model.
- 1State Key Laboratory of Animal Nutrition, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China.
- 2School of Medicine, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA.
- 3College of Dental Medicine, Midwestern University, Downers Grove IL, USA.
- 4Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA.
- 5Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, Center for Autophagy Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA.